6 Ways to Support People with an Opioid Use Disorder during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Get trained and carry Naloxone (Narcan®) to reverse an overdose. Learn how: www.HEALTogetherMA.org/Holyoke
- Call them. Offer compassion, encouragement, and support.
- Encourage them to seek treatment (if they are ready) and to seek prevention services at a local syringe services or harm reduction program. Tapestry is one program that can assist with harm reduction, you can reach them at:
- Encourage those already in treatment to stay engaged or engage in treatment by calling their provider about tele-health appointments and take-home medication. Folks can get directly connected to the Holyoke Health Center and Holyoke Medical Center at:
- Connect them with organizations offering virtual recovery support. One organization that provides virtual recovery support in Holyoke is Hope for Holyoke, you can contact them through their Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/HFHRC/
- Learn how Covid-19 uniquely affects those with opioid use disorder. Start here: https://bit.ly/3dIkngr